WG Parr Trophy – Round 4 – Week 11

Week 11 is upon us in the Shoestrings-Chargrill Sponsored Chippenham & District Sunday Football League and this week saw another round of group stage matches in the RP Clarke Sheds & Fencing Sponsored WG Parr Trophy.

WG Parr Trophy Group A:

Audley FC 8-1 Dyson Institute

Audley Win This Division 3 Battle

Audley FC beat their divisional rivals Dyson Institute at Beversbrook by the rather comfortable scoreline of eight goals to one.

Audley raced into a 3-1 halftime lead and by the time the referee blew up for the end of the game they had added a further five goals to their tally.

Jordan Murphy bagged a hattrick whilst Gareth Jones scored twice with Jordan & Kieran Tarrant each scoring alongside Connor Laidlaw. Dan Thomas with the solitary reply for Institute.

Beeches FC 11-1 Misfits FC

Huge Win Takes Beeches To The Summit

It seems that Beeches are finally getting bodies out of the proverbial medical room and it is starting to show with some consistent performances yielding wins in the last few weeks and none more so than here with a huge win against Misfits of Division 3.

In Ben Haines, who scored Misfits solitary strike today so they seem to have someone who can hit the target with some sort of regularity but it does seem that creating those chances and defensive frailties are hurting them at the moment although it was always going to be a tough ask against their opponents who are two divisions higher than them.

Steve Ball top scored for Beeches with five, Drew Adams also bagged a hattrick, Mark Allard a brace with Josh Thornton wrapping up the scoring.

Semington FC 4-2 Staverton Rangers (Sunday)

Semington Comeback Gives Them Qualification Hope

Premier Division Semington kept alive their hopes of qualifying from Group A although they did not have it all their own way against Staverton Rangers of Division 3.

It was Staverton who were leading at the break thanks to goals from Saleem Ayoub and Chris Dadson and Matt Russell ensuring it was only a slender lead with Semington’s reply.

And Semington managed to turn the game around in the second half as a further goal from Matt Russell was backed up by goals from Ian Dowell and Daniel Rimmer.

The victory puts Semington two points behind the top two and all to play for in this group and they also have a game in hand on current leaders Beeches FC.

WG Parr Trophy Group A:

Biddestone FC 4-3 Steeple Ashton

Biddestone Hang On Despite Ashton Fightback

Arguable the match of the day took place at Biddestone Village Hall as Steeple Ashton nearly conjured up a comeback but ultimately were just edged out by Biddestone.

Biddestone raced into a four goal lead, Louis Harris scored twice with back up given to him by Tim Edwards & Patrick Whittock and the teams would go into the break at 4-0.

However, Dale Raine must have given his boys a might team talk as they really took it to Biddestone in the second half and they were rewarded with a goal from Carl Ledbury.

Tim Beecham then found the net to offer a further glimmer of hope and when Fadi Fourhali scored the third then it really was game on.

Despite pressing for the equalizer it proved to be elusive and despite the monumental effort from Ashton, Biddestone held on for the victory which leaves them top of Group B albeit on goal difference.

The Pewsham FC 0-9 Sutton Benger FC

Benger Keep Up The Pace In Group B

Sutton Benger remain hot on the heels of Biddestone in Group B with just a solitary goal in the goal difference column currently keeping the teams apart thanks to Benger’s big win against The Pewsham at Goatacre.

James Hernandez opened the scoring early on as he arrived to slide home Tom Stratton pull back and then Ethan Jones then poked home Benger’s second of the morning from similar range.

Stratton himself then got himself on the scoresheet with some tremendous work rate meaning he latched onto a ball not intended for him after pouncing on some indecision between Pewsham goalkeeper James Harris and the back line to round the former and slide home.

Despite their endeavours and numerous chances created Benger could not build on their lead and they went in at the break at 3-0.

After the break they did turn the afterburners on though and a switch out to the right hand side for Harry Buckley resulted in him sliding home his first goal for the club and that was soon followed by a header from Tom Stratton for his second of the match.

Moments later, birthday boy Stratton then completed his hattrick and his game was run as this allowed for Kai Flack to make changes.

As the game wore on, a few gaps did open up and Luke Todd did have to be aware to keep out a couple of efforts from Rhys Edwards and Ali Moore-Bardell but this attacking intent also left gaps for Benger to exploit and this did allow for Buckley to once again stoop in from the right hand side for his second of the match.

It was then work down the left hand side the worked for Benger as a through ball from Player Manager played in Jaden King and when he was tripped the referee had no option to point to the spot and allow Dan Smith to fire home with aplomb giving James Harris no chance.

And it was more link up play down the left again with Flack & King involved again affording Ollie Derrick a run into the box from midfield and he fired the ninth and final goal in a crushing win for The Buttons.