WG Parr Trophy – Round 2 – Week 7

Week 7 mostly saw a consecutive round of RP Clarke Sheds & Fencing WG Parr Trophy in the Shoestrings-Chargrill Sponsored Chippenham & District Sunday Football League.

Group A:

Dyson Institute FC 0-7 Beeches FC

Ball & Blackman Show For Beeches As They Stuff Dyson

Beeches FC recorded their biggest win of the season against Dyson Institute as they ran out 7-0 winners.

Steve Ball just about nicked the matchball scoring 4 goals alongside Tom Blackman’s hattrick for the resounding win.

Misfits FC 0-5 Staverton Rangers (Sunday) FC

Staverton Bounce Back In Convincing Fashion

Misfits woes continued as they lost to divisional rivals Staverton Rangers by 5 goals to nil.

Misfits did fight hard in the first half and limited Staverton to just the solitary goal at the break, Kelvin Linton having the whole goal to aim at when a Lee Ridout corner evaded the keeper. Staverton thought they had doubled their lead when a tidy Luke Thomas goal was cruelly ruled out for offside.

Staverton were also indebted to Kieran Powell for the tight score line at the break made an outstanding double save to keep the score at 1-0.

In the second half, Ricky Montacute made it 2-0 after good work from Shane Flexon and 2 more shortly followed through a Cameron Price corner and Shane Flexon flicked the ball on for Chris Dadson to collect and fire into the roof of the net.

Misfits had the misfortune of putting the ball in their own net before Lee Ridout then provided the assist for Scott Ball to drive home from the edge of the box for the 5th and final goal.

A great performance from all the team proved too much for misfits.

Semington FC 2-2 Westbury Celtic FC

Celtic Claim Valuable Point Against Semington

Westbury Celtic FC will no doubt be the happier of the 2 teams as they took away what maybe a valuable point from their Premier Division opposition Semington FC.

Oliver Gee and Adrian Webster scored the goals for Semington whilst a Christopher Steele double shared the spoils for Celtic.

Group B:

Biddestone FC 4-5 Sutton Benger

Benger Hang On For Valuable 3 Points

Biddestone FC and Sutton Benger crossed swords for the second time in a few weeks and it was The Buttons who managed to exact some revenge for their earlier loss in their Division 1 match up in a 9 goal thriller.

A goal from a set-piece proved to be Benger’s undoing last time out and player manager Kai Flack would have been left seething when against the run of play, Nick Eggleton lost his marker to head home from Biddestone’s first corner of the match with 15 minutes on the clock.

A common theme prevailed throughout the game when a set-piece, this time for Benger was put right in the are any goalkeeper hates and this resulted in an own goal from the unfortunate George Garraway.

It was shortly 2-1 to Benger as a Tom Stratton shot was not held by Aaron Loveridge in the Biddestone goal which allowed for Jimmy Hernandez to follow in for his third goal in as many games and 2 soon became 3 when another set-piece was converted, Ethan Jones scoring directly from a free kick from 30 yards.

Tom Stratton then got in on the action before the half ended when he harried the defender from a slightly overhit Rob Jenkins pass and Stratton managed to slide in and tuck home for a 4-1 lead at the break.

Biddestone came back out after the break and it was not long before they capitalised on yet another set-piece, Henry Garraway putting the ball away after a free kick.

The 3 goal disparity was soon extended again when Ethan Jones was tripped in the box giving the referee no option but to point to the spot and Craig Askew sent Loveridge the wrong way with the resulting penalty.

But Biddestone did not give up and the made the final a few moments much more uncomfortable than it probably should have been when Eggleton and Louis Harriss pounced on a couple of individual mistakes to make the score 5-4 but that was the way it stayed when the full time whistle sounded.